Is your social diary filled with weddings to attend? Do you ever find yourself at a wedding, only to realize you forgot to pack something really important, like the shoes to your outfit? Today, we’re going to give you a checklist of everything you will need when going to a wedding as a guest.
What to pack when going to a wedding?
This probably sounds insanely obvious but I’m not talking about just the dress, I’m talking about all the accessories and details that go with it. So think about the dress, undergarments, shoes, hat or hair piece, tights, jewellery, clutch or bag, jacket or shawl. Before you pack your suitcase, try on the entire outfit to make sure you have all the elements you need to complete the outfit. The morning of the wedding is not the time to be frazzled because you are missing a key part of your outfit!
The Second Outfit
Nowadays it’s increasingly common to be invited to a BBQ or lunch the day after the wedding. So make sure to pack a second outfit that you could wear if you are invited to another party. There is less pressure to make sure that you have everything just perfect for this outfit, but it’ll help you relax and enjoy the day if you’ve thought about the outfit beforehand.
Toiletries and makeup
Everyone has their own toiletries that they use and love, but there are a few essentials that you’ll probably need:
- Body wash
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair styling products
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Makeup remover
- Fake tan and applicator (though I’m all about embracing the paleness!)
My advice when it comes to makeup is to use products that you’ve tried and tested! Now is not the time to try that new blusher and end up looking like Bosco in all the wedding photos!
Once you have the above packed into your suitcase, now it’s time to pack the other items you’ll need for the trip.
- Phone Charger
- Phone Power Bank (It’s useful to have a portable way to charge your phone so you don’t have to be glued to a power socket the entire day! You need to make some Instagram memories!)
- Camera (or maybe a selfie stick if you are going to be taking pics with your phone)
- Any medication you have to take
- Bottle of water (to help avoid the hangover)
- Plasters / blister plasters
- The wedding invitation
- Small snack (it can be a long time between the wedding and the reception. A protein bar should see you through til the meal)
- A jacket or coat
- Flat shoes (those feet are going to be tired from all that dancing!)
- The wedding gift
Have I forgotten anything? What do you think is essential to pack for a wedding? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Sinead Noonan (see all)
- Getting Over the Fear of Going Back to College as a Mature Student - August 29, 2017
- How to Cut Back at Work - August 24, 2017
- How To Make Friends When Travelling Alone - August 17, 2017