“Study hard, do what you are passionate about and do it for it for the love of helping others (not the money).”
Leading a healthy lifestyle isn’t always the easiest thing in the world, we’re all busy and often we put Netflix ahead of the gym. Thankfully, there are those out there who are all about getting our asses in gear. One of those never-endingly peppy and enthusiastic types is fitness nut, and GirlCrew Edinburgh member, Iona May. She’s determined to help others put their best foot forward when ti comes to health and fitness.
“I have always been interested in health and wellness and helping people feel better about themselves.”
Unhappy in a corporate job, Iona was looking for a change and fell into network marketing to fill this gap, and for her it paid off as it “…led me out of a corporate job I didn’t enjoy and taught me the skills to run my own business.” Taking the skills she learnt there, she is now looking to carve out a name for herself in the fitness industry.
“I ran both businesses alongside each other in Aberdeen for a year and recently moved back to the magical city of Edinburgh to grow the fitness empire I have always dreamed of.” For Iona, she has one clear mission in mind and is simply looking to “[help] people improve their lives and health every day.”
1. What is the best thing about your role?
Helping others achieve their goals and dreams and overcome their fears.
2. What did you find most challenging about it?
5am starts are great as I finish at lunchtime but are sometimes a struggle!
3. What is your proudest work related achievement to date?
I had an amazing client who had battled severe anorexia for years, I worked with her GP and after 6 months she was not only on solid foods but liked herself when she looked in the mirror. That makes 5am starts easier.
4. What would be your one tip to others who want to get involved in this industry?
Study hard, do what you are passionate about and do it for it for the love of helping others (not the money).
5. What would be your motto in life, and in work?
Feel the fear and do it anyway.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Your GirlCrew Survival Guide - October 16, 2017
- 5 Great Reasons To Study at Dublin Business School - August 18, 2017
- What Career is Right for You? And Do You Really Have to Love Your Job? - April 14, 2017