Prince Harry & Meghan Markle are Recruiting for a Communications Assistant
“Although based primarily at Buckingham Palace, you’ll also travel in the UK or overseas to support important visits and engagements.”
The year long contract is an entry level role with perks that include working in an actual palace, 33 days holidays and of course, bragging rights. Could they also be trying to outdo Prince William and Kate’s social game, after just recently poaching Kate’s Communication’s Officer? 😉
If you’re looking for a swanky work environment, a place to hone your digital marketing expertise and an already engaged social media following – this could be the dream job. But the role does come with some challenges!
Challenges of the Role:
- Meghan shut down all her social media accounts as she moves into the position of senior royal family member so you’re starting from scratch!
- Ensuring Harry has an understanding of why this wasn’t funny and making sure he keeps his clothes on.
- You’ll be also competing with the cuteness of this when it comes to Royal likes.
- The role begins in April – the wedding is in May. Good luck!
- Lastly, it’s clear from the job advert, they don’t have a great expertise on LinkedIn, with the job shared under the categories of both “Non Profit” and “Banking”.
- Live like a Queen, attend garden parties. “Joining this fast-paced and dynamic team, you’ll assist senior colleagues with both proactive and reactive communications. You’ll organise coverage of set-piece Palace engagements including investitures and garden parties, and provide support as required for off-site engagements.”
- Probably need to guarantee you get over 11 likes on any Instagram post.
- Brainstorm Snapchat strategies with Queen Elizabeth over tea. (Please do this last one for us, we beg you, get her on there. And we know Meghan has it in her to help the Queen get to grips with the dog filter.)
What are you waiting for? Get the glitter and glue out for updating your CV – you’re gonna need to stand out for this one.
Happy to be added as a reference ✌️
For tips on job applications and interviews generally, why not come ask for advice in the GirlCrew Careers group >
Latest posts by elva carri (see all)
- We Believed Her, We Marched, Now What? - April 4, 2018
- Live Like a Queen: Entry Level Job with Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - January 27, 2018
- Explainer: Brexit Summed Up in a Nutshell - December 11, 2017