Ask & Offer Initiative Guidelines for Use
You can post an #Ask or an #Offer at anytime on the GirlCrew app. If you wish to make an Offer that doesn’t expire/is recurring, you can also add it via this form. If the team sees a post that connects to this, we’ll reach out to ask if you’d like to be put in touch.
- Please respect people’s asks and be compassionate. If you have nothing to offer in response, or nothing supportive to say, please don’t say anything.
- You can make an anonymous #Ask/#Offer by sending your post in a Msg to GirlCrew HQ on the GirlCrew app.
- Whenever it is comfortable to do so, consider including some context for your#Ask/#Offer. Eg. I am looking for €20 for a babysitter for 2 hours during the week so I can go to a job interview. This can be done anonymously as mentioned in Guideline 2.
- If you see an issue with an #Ask or#Offer, please report it using the ‘Other’ category and you can add a reason why you see issue with it. The GirlCrew team take all reports seriously. You can also make reports by emailing email@example.com
- You may only make Asks/Offer for things that are legal.
- Please report anything illegal or dangerous to your relevant local authorities as well as to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal and medical advice is not permitted on the GirlCrew app, but you may post an #Ask for free/low-cost professional services like these from a member which is then carried out in the appropriate context. (I.e. visiting their general practice or legal offices with a fee waived/discounted.)
- Advertising/promotion of businesses is not permitted as part of #Asks/#Offers. If you wish to get more customers/advertising, make an#Ask about how best to do this, instead of posting an ad.
- Promotion of external fundraising initiatives, including personal ones and registered charities, be they events or crowdfunding pages, may not be posted as an#Ask/#Offer but you can email email@example.com to let us know about it in case there is a way we can support it.
- Evidence of persistent abuse of#Asks/#Offers by a member can result in suspension or banning from the GirlCrew app.
- GirlCrew does not take responsibility for#Asks or#Offers made, or what happens between parties offline or off the GirlCrew platform. Members are responsible for their own decisions and actions arising from this initiative.
- These guidelines are subject to change and review at GirlCrew’s discretion.